Free Knitting Pattern from Lion Brand Yarn, formatted for input to refreshable Braille displays or Braille software
Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick®
Pattern Number: L0216AD
This shell lace throw with a seed stitch border makes a great heirloom item.
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate (Level 3)
SIZE: One Size
47 x 54 in. (119.5 x 137 cm)
CORRECTIONS: (applied Feb 3, 2011)
Set-Up Row (WS): Work in Seed st as established over 5 sts, place marker (pm);
p11, pm; *p10, pm; rep from * to last 5 16 sts, p11, pm, work last 5 sts in Seed st as established.The above is only a summary of corrections; the corrected pattern text is below (if free) or shipped upon completion of order (if purchased)
640-099 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Fisherman
Quantity needed: 9 Skeins
Lion Brand Split Ring Stitch Markers
Quantity needed: 1
Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
Quantity needed: 1
Circular knitting needle size 13 (9 mm), 36 in. (91.5 cm) long
9 1/2 sts = 4 in. (10 cm) over pattern.
Exact gauges is not imporant to this project.
Sk2p (Slip-k2tog-pass slipped st over) A double decrease worked as follows:
1. Insert right needle as if to knit, and slip the next st from the left needle to the right needle.
2. Knit the next 2 sts together.
3. With tip of left needle, lift the slipped st (the 2nd st on right needle) up and over the k2tog (first st on right needle) and off the needle - you have decreased 2 sts.
Seed stitch (over an odd number of sts)
Row 1: K1, *p1, k1; rep from * across row.
Row 2: K the purl sts and p the knit sts.
Rep Row 2 for Seed st.
Shell Lace (multiple of 10 sts + 1)
Row 1 (RS): K1, *yo, k3, sk2p, k3, yo, k1; rep from * across.
Row 2: Purl.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 for Shell Lace pattern.
1. Throw is worked in one piece with a Seed st border on each of the 4 sides of the Throw. You will be working the first and last 5 sts of the Throw in Seed st (for the side borders) and the center 121 sts in the Shell Lace Pattern.
2. The Shell Lace Pattern used in this Throw requires that you keep track of your sts and of which row you are working on. In Row 1, we will tell you where to place st markers. As you work each RS row, count your sts every time you come to a marker. You should have 11 sts between the first 2 markers on every RS row, and 10 sts between the other markers. If you do not have the correct number of sts, examine each st in your last rep and make any needed fixes (unravel st by st to make corrections) before continuing with the row.
3. Circular needle is used to accommodate large number of sts. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
THROW Cast on 131 sts. Work in Seed st for 4 rows. Set-Up Row (WS): Work in Seed st as established over 5 sts, place marker (pm); *p10, pm; rep from * to last 16 sts, p11, pm, work last 5 sts, in Seed st as established. Row 1 (Shell Lace Pattern): Work in Seed st as established over 5 sts, slip marker (sm), k1, yo, k3, sk2p, k3, yo, k1, sm; *yo, k3, sk2p, k3, yo, k1, sm; rep from * to last 5 sts, work last 5 sts in Seed st as established. Continue in patterns as established, working first and last 5 sts in Seed st (for side borders) and remaining sts in Shell Lace pattern. Work until piece measures about 45 1/2 in. (115.5 cm) from beginning, end with a WS row. Note: End with a WS row means that the last row you work should be a WS row, and the next row that you are ready to work will be a RS row. Next Row: Work in Seed st as established across all sts, removing markers as you come to them. Work 3 more rows in Seed st across all sts.Bind off.
FINISHING Weave in ends.
ABBREVIATIONS / REFERENCES
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2 together
p = purl
Pm = place marker
rep = repeat(s)(ing)
RS = right side
sm = slip marker
st(s) = stitch(es)
WS = wrong side
Every effort has been made to have the knitting and crochet instructions accurate and complete. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters and crocheters, human errors, or typographical mistakes.
We want your project to be a success! If you need help with this or any other Lion Brand pattern, e-mail support is available 7 days per week by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over a thousand free patterns available in versions for the vision-impaired, visit our website http://www.LionBrand.com
To order, visit our website http://www.e-yarn.com or call: (800) 258-9276 any time!
Copyright ©1998-2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.
No pattern or other material may be reproduced -- mechanically, electronically, or by any other means, including photocopying -- without written permission of Lion Brand Yarn Company.
Click here for Non-Braille display: View With Images